Sunday, August 21, 2005

First day of school tomorrow

Tomorrow is the first day of school at Cal State Fullerton. I can't believe I am going back to school finally. This summer has been the weirdest, slowest, and most frustrating. I moved to California this summer for the first time. I miss the East Coast so much. I miss walking to get coffee, lunch, and dinner. I miss watching all the cute babies with 50 year old parents. I miss looking at all the trendy people and wishing I could be so irresponsible and blow my rent on a pair of shoes. I mostly miss the sandwiches. I love sandwiches and here they are horrible. Even Subway sucks.

Anyway, back to school stuff. I am officially a Teacher Associate at Fullerton. I have to create a syllabus and give grades. How crazy is that. Me... I remember being such a horrible student. I wouldn't fail but I never talked to my professor. Thus, I never got any good recommendations.
I have failed a lot in school but I've done good things too, and now it's my turn to teach and hopefully work well with the students.

My classes are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Finally! I can't wait to graduate and get on with my life. My goals are to finish grad school, find a position at a community college in southern California, and move to Santa Monica.

Santa Monica is so beautiful. I absolutely loved it. Enough said.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?