Friday, September 23, 2005

Where the hell have I been. explanation below

I have time to blog since Mr. California is driving back from Corona. From week 1 of school until now I have been busy and lazy at the same time to bother blogging my thoughts. I have recently been encouraged to blog more from Mr. Cali and the fact that I got two comments. woo hoo! I really haven't told anyone about my blog- I guess from embarrasment. You see when I was in grade school I hated when people would read my stories. I remember in the 5th grade my teacher would read our compositions, as she read we would try to figure out who wrote what, and then we would vote on what the writer deserved as a grade. 1 being the worst, 5 being the best. Most of my grades ranged between a 3 and 4, but one time I got a 1. My teacher went on to just shred my composition to pieces. It was horrible. I cried in class instantly. She felt so bad. Good! Thinking about it now, I still get teary eyed.

My two comments were first from an online dating website. Sorry I only smooch Mr. Cali... Hurry up I'm starving. The second was from a woman in chi-town. The Chi is the best but only in the summer. Home Run Inn Pizza and Cafe Iberico. yum!


To explain my whereabouts:
Week 1 of school went pretty smoothly. The Kinesiology program at CSUF appears to be very organized and exciting. Now that I am in week 5 it appears I have to force my way into the program to get noticed. I am not an aggressor.

Week 2 of school. Saltillo, Mexico: My dad met Mr. California that weekend. We went to Saltillo for the wedding of my cousin, Leo. I will call him that since that is what he likes to be called but his name is NAYITO. It was a blast. The people were so hospitable, the food amazing, the tennis was great. The only thing that didn't happen was sleep. If one thinks that the West Coast is slow, move to Saltillo and learn how to move like a snail. The plan was to get a hamburger - we needed a break from mexican food- so we asked my cousin, Leo, to tell us where to go. I spent many summers in Saltillo but I haven't returned since my aubelita passed away seven years ago. I can't believe it's been that long. Leo and Jessica, bride to be, invited us to go with them and everyone else to a bar because they had good burgers and while we were supposed to be eating they would go off to look for mariachis for the wedding. It took us about 3 hours just to gather everyone and get a burger. Who knows whether the bride and groom chose the mariachis since Mr. Cali and I left early to get some rest before we played tennis 5 hours later.

The wedding was beautiful and so mexican. I love it! The wedding started at 8 pm with the church ceremony. The church was in downtown Saltillo so it was really old with awesome architecture. We were picked up by Jessica's cousin who looks like Mark Philloupousis. My tia Lilia was with us in the car. The funny part of the whole trip was how long it took for Andrea and Veronica to get ready. I felt like an evil mexican prima for leaving Veronica at the hotel but there was no way I was going to miss the ceremony and a free cab ride.

The reception was held in the Musuem of the Desert. Really strange, but it's new to saltillo. If you have never gone to Saltillo, don't bother as it is not touristy and very middle class. It's so calming there, I really thought about my grandmother that trip. Back to the wedding... The reception was beautiful but really annoying/maddening event: There were no seats by my parents and the other family. The Durons were supposed to sit together at one table while Los Gonzalez at another table. What happened was the american cousins were put at another table all by ourselves. Remind you that there are three of us plus one Mr. Cali. I don't understand why my dad couldn't move over and sit next to us. Water under the bridge.

My dad finally met Mr. California and seemed pleased. Dad calls him el viejito since he's 10 years older than I am. Good thing he doesn't act like an old fart so I don't have to.

Week 3 Officially started work at Whittier Narrows, started to worry about my life plans

Week 4 Drove a hundred billion miles around southern California. OH yeah! Experienced food poisoning for the first time. The feeling of throwing up and having a sinus issue is the worst ever. The noggin was stuffed with mocos and boiling while the body was weak. I slept 13 hours on Friday, 10 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday. Felt like a new person on Monday. Did I mention that I threw up in my car and the toilet all night on Friday. Who does that unless coming home from the bars?

Week 5 Have been entertaining the thought of changing my focus in Kinesiology. Have decided to keep it the same for now. I learned about goal -setting from Ken Ravizza. I take his class on Wednesday from 7-10pm. Be there or be a loser. Goal-setting is a hard process that cannot be taken lightly. Outcome goals are not important, the process is. Remember that. One leaves his class believing that we can do anything but really know that one cannot achieve everything. That thought reminds me of that New York Times article on ivy league female students who plan to stay at home even though they graduated from an Ivy and could have a prosperous career. I understand their points of view but I believe you have to plan for the case that you can't be in the position to leave work for good. I always think of this college student from UPENN who would only marry a Republican.... I hope your plans come true but you have to look outside of your box to perhaps be happy. I believe goals in life are important but sometimes your wishes don't come true exactly how you planned. That's what makes life interesting and everyone always has an interesting story to tell. What's your story?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?