Monday, October 10, 2005

Trophy Husbands or Boyfriends

I have just finished reading the article about someone's love life in the Fashion & Style Section of the New York Times. Hmmm... makes me wonder if I have one of those.

Please read http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/09/fashion/sundaystyles/09love.html

Lately, I have been having some trust issues with my significant other. I wonder about his capacity to work, his ability to save money, his communication style. I am losing trust in these important aspects of a relationship because when I broach the subject of money he gets defensive and yells. Maybe it's from the fact that the other woman before me spent his money and he let her abuse his love. I wonder.

Aside from his blow ups about money, I love him dearly. I think this one part of our relationship that stinks. I wish we could plan things out instead of having to scramble when bad things fall on us. I really get worried and play my horrible "what if game."

What if...
I lost my ability to work?
I became pregnant?
I never make enough money to support the both of us?
We get so serious and then we figure out we can't be together?
I get an amazing job in Northern California, Arizona, NM, will he go?
I lose him and we never see each other again?

The man is so important to me. Explaining would be so hard and since I'm truly not a writer, I can't. I get so angry sometimes. I want things to be done my way too. I like making food and deciding on domestication together. He doesn't care if he eats shitty Subway every day. How can we come to a compromise?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?