Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Back home for the holidays

Yesterday I finally arrived to LAX to take my first non-stop flight home to Texas. There were so many babies on the trip and the screaming escalated as the plane went into the sky. I was so excited to go home that I actually talked to someone who I sat next to for a total of 3 minutes. I will miss Mr. Cali but I needed to get away from Southern California and the driving.
What I couldn't believe was that people from LA were going to TX wearing their USC garb. What a sight. And then this morning I read a story about how people from USC (relocated to TEXAS) are spending the game. I am now on the hunt to buy a "Don't mess with Texas" t-shirt to wear for the Rose Bowl.

Coming home to the traffic... I was delighted. We got home in about 30 minutes. Ha! Beat that Southern California. The weather may be great but the people are a bit off and the traffic is a nightmare.

I came to find my little sister absolutely adorable and talking up a storm. She's 2 and told me she did not want to share Poppy's with me. We ate my dad's pizza around 9pm. I was starving but we had guests so I only at 3 small slices. My tia and cousin came by for dinner and it was awkward but it always is. There is never much to say and I can't wait for them to leave.

So now I am here with no modes of transportation ( I feel sorry for those in NYC though) and nothing to do in this house. I will have to sit here and contemplate life or read all the magazines and go for a run. I may do the latter. It's good to be back!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?