Sunday, June 18, 2006

My Papi's dia

I was raised by my father ONLY. No mom... I had to be in Big Brothers/Big Sisters so I could have some female influence.

Every time we went to the grocery store or department store, He would yell out "Do you need tampones (slang in spanish for you know)" or "Do you need brassieres (say with a spanish accent)". My father thought if you said it in spanish no one would understand. He mortified me until the age of 18 about this stuff. Now he just asks me if I'm pregnant since I live with my bf.
He took me to my first trip to Victoria's Secret after one of the tennis mom's told him it was the rage for her little girl (my buddy). My buddy was girly, jewish, rich, and fit in the country club world. I was a tomboy, insecure, no money, and barely had tennis outfits. So my dad takes me to Barton Creek (you know if you are from the ATX) and I get measured while tears are coming down my face. I am steaming mad afterwards and he tells me to choose whatever I want. I chose the a grey t-shirt bra with wire number with matching panty. I swear it took a total of 10 mintues and I just sped walked all the way to the car.

So Papi Happy Papi Day. He now has another little girl who he gets to do all the little things with and he loves it. I'm very happy for him and I will see him soon. He may have been embarrassing like the time he would fart at the grocery store and try to cover it up with a loud cough. He could never time the pedo with the cough. I am still embarrassed when he does this but now I just tell him loudly to stop farting. But he was the type of dad that trusted you and trusted your judgement. He took me to adult movies, told me about sex at 5, and made me see him as human at a very young age. He let me see the humanity in him and made me be self-sufficient since day 1. Have a glass of wine on me!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?